I don’t know about you but some days I can’t make it to the gym even though it’s only 5 minutes from my Littleton acupuncture office. Still I know I need a total body workout and I like the idea of burn 100 calories in 10 minutes at home. The problem is it possible without being a super athlete. I know I’m not one and maybe you’re not either.
Are You Seeking A Total Body Workout?
I went on a hunt for a simple workout that didn’t require equipment and I can do at home on days when I’m in a hurry. If you only have 10 minutes you can’t pull out heavy machines or weights. In my research, I found some ads that promised 100 calories in 10 minutes if you – you guessed it ‘paid’ them money to learn more. I want something I can share with my clients and patients especially those coming in for weight loss here Littleton.
My Goal: Burn 100 Calories In 10 Minutes At Home
What I discovered and tried were a series 10 movements you do until you’re done. So the faster you move the sooner you finish. I don’t recommend these for my acupuncture patients who have pain and trouble with the high-impact or high-intensity workout. Although you can modify every exercise without a trainer to let you know what to change it could be difficult.
So let’s look at the different drills
- Butt Kickers: If you can’t get your feet up high enough just lift them as high as you can.
- Jumping Jacks: If you can’t do all of them start with one!
- Uppercuts: She says sitting on the floor though the video also shows standing – much easier!
- Hip raises: Believe in yourself and lift as far as you can. Soon you’ll be raising higher and higher.
- Renegade Rows: I modified these by leaning against the wall on not the floor until I could use our picnic table! I still can’t row on the ground, but that’s okay. It’s all about doing it right. Watch your form.
- Pikes: Start slow do a few and add more as you can. If you try to over-do-it, you become sore and will not be back the next day.
- High Knees: This is my favorite exercise; it’s so easy to do. Lift as high as you can and aspire to raise higher
- Mountain climbers: These can be fun once you get use to doing them. A hint keep your neck straight or you get dizzy looking back at your feet!
- Crab Touches: Definitely you feel your core muscles getting stronger as you do these.
- Push-Up Jacks: Don’t worry if you can’t do these on the floor. I do them either against a wall or sturdy table. Watch the video for more modifications.
Jenna’s video no longer is available on The Today Show however she has a Pinterest page with the exercises. Jenna Wolfe
Acupuncture can help with weight loss and pain management though both should also include an eating program and fitness routine. When working with locals here in Littleton with acupuncture I believe in empowering them with an at home fitness plan. Losing weight doesn’t mean hours at a gym just think you can burn 100 calories in 10 minutes and get a total body workout.
Today Show http://www.today.com/health/burn-100-calories-10-minutes-jenna-wolfes-total-body-workout-2D80198245