4 Delicious Coconut Milk Recipes
These recipes are super easy too so they’re perfect for working couples or families.
Our first ‘share’ for delicious coconut milk recipes is pumpkin soup. The original recipe hails from across the ocean and Jamie magazine where famous British Chef Jamie Oliver delights plates. Our changes for Meatless Monday recipes are simple; make sure you use either local or organic ingredients. Next we’ve added some extra spices for flavor.
Pumpkin Soup with Chives and Ginger
- Medium pumpkin cubed. About 8 cups according to Jamie
- 2 shallots chopped or green onions if you can’t find organic shallots.
- 1 liter or about 33 oz. of homemade organic vegetable stock. Natural food stores carry premade that works well
- 5 tablespoons of Fresh ginger grated. In a pinch by the jar version, that is fresh in your produce section.
- ½ cup of coconut milk.
- 1 tablespoon of organic chili powder [we found it at Whole Foods Bulk]
- A pinch of pie spice
- A pinch of Sea salt
How to make this recipe:
- Sauté in a large pot the pumpkin, shallots, and ginger until soft using a little olive oil or coconut oil.
- Add the vegetable stock, coconut milk, and spices bring the mix to a boil.
- Pour the mixture into your Vitamix or food processor and blend until smooth. Also, you can add chives to make this dish look and smell delicious.
Finding delicious coconut milk recipes can be difficult. Many are heavy in fat and sugars. We like to make our Meatless Monday recipes healthy too!
Meatless Monday Recipes
Over the next four weeks we’ll be sharing Delicious Coconut Milk Recipes .Next up in for meatless Monday recipes: Vegan Sweet Potato Gratin
images: DreamsTime Article adapted from: http://www.organicauthority.com/