While there are many versions of this recipe, of course, I like mine best. It’s an adoption of Nommonpaleo and Rachel Ray. If you’re watching your lectins leave out the tomatoes as I do. If not, then add chopped sautéed tomatoes to your vegetable mix.
We make these for Christmas morning and then have leftovers for part of the week. Along with our Pumpkin Paleo muffins. With that said, we like to make them throughout the year and eat during the week. A quick and easy make ahead lunch that people can grab when they get hungry is Pumpkin Soup with Chives and Ginger
I call these Mini Prosciutto Egg Frittatas
What you need
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil divided. Use 2 to coat the muffin tins, and the rest to saute the vegetables.
- ½ of an onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoon or 2-4 garlic cloves
- ½ a bunch of fresh spinach. Can use a ½ of a plastic container full
- 12 large eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk – remove the fatty part and save of something else. I use both the can and the carton of coconut milk in my recipes
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- 12-15 [double this if you want the tin fully lined] slices of prosciutto or similar Italian meat
- Salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder to taste. So about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon each.
How to Make Mini Prosciutto Egg Frittatas
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Use a 12 tin muffin tray. You can make 12-15 Mini Prosciutto Egg Frittatas, and they keep about 4-5 days if you don’t overcook or brown.
- Cut up the vegetables then place onion and garlic with about 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium-low heat to sauté.
- Once the onions are clear or translucent toss in the cut-up spinach without stems. Let them wilt about 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, milk, and flour until mixed and creamy.
- Line each muffin tin with prosciutto
- Fill each tin with 1/3 full of eggs
- Spoon in enough vegetables to fill each tin to 2/3 full.
Now the Magic: Mini Prosciutto Egg Frittatas Muffins
Place egg Mini Prosciutto Egg Frittatas on middle rack in oven for 15 minutes. Check that the eggs are done by using a wooden toothpick in the middle. It should come out clean. If not bake one more minute and test again.
Once done, remove to stop the eggs from browning and drying out.
If you overcook, your eggs with have a nice brown crust. This is great for today and maybe tomorrow, but it means the eggs will dry out quickly and need eaten today.
If you didn’t overcook, enjoy for the week. Warm Mini Prosciutto Egg Frittatas left-over in microwave straight from the refrigerator for 5-8 seconds and eat. If you want more egg recipes, visit Scrambled Eggs Done Right