I decided to do something different, the great health problem experiment. As an online health coach these 3 questions seem to be on everyone’s mind recently. How do I lose weight and keep it off? If you’re not thinking that it’s might be How To I Slow The Aging Process, I have no energy and I’m stressed out! Or is it that menopause thing getting you down. No sleep, hot flashes, bloating and night sweats – even when it’s daytime?
Be Part Of Great Health Problem Experiment!
Finally, maybe you’re saying ‘girl you got it all wrong’ it’s all of this. I am so ready to scream at the top of my lungs that I am willing to keep reading. Call this the great health problem experiment. Don’t you want to know if your problem is everyone’s’ or not?
As a health coach and licensed healer my thoughts are how can I help you if I don’t know what bothers my reader most? Help me research, support, and guide you through what is bothering you the most.
You say, Deb you’re crazy it’s totally something else. Well I didn’t forget about the other stuff like IBS, thyroid, autoimmune, or you tell me what it is. That’s why I call this the great health problem experiment, I don’t know the answer to the question. What is your biggest health problem so share it with me!
Lose Weight – Slow Aging – Menopause ‘Oh My!’
So how do you let me know what the problem is? Fill out the form below. If it matters to you, it matters to me. Help me help you by giving me so input and insight into how I can support you.
How does that sound? Easy! Below is a simple poll that let’s me know your thoughts. I only ask for your email and name because there are spammers out that that target such polls and I want to hear from real-humans.
I know there are days – you don’t feel so human or maybe not so real that’s okay, we always blame that on hormones. Thank you for trusting me with your health problem. I look forward to sharing the results of this poll with everyone in an update of this blog post! Yes, I will share it! After all this is the great health problem experiment.
Take The Poll!
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo.
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do that. What the world needs is more people that have come alive. ~Howard Thurman
Do you ever have those moments when everything is going right? I know I do when I’m writing from my heart, everything is right. It’s a feeling of joy and it’s almost as if something else is doing the work. I can’t even call it work it’s so rewarding. We all have something that makes us come alive.
As health coaching goes, we often focus on this because our careers aren’t always the same thing. It’s not always a relationship. It’s usually very personal something that you do. One health coaching client found it to be volunteering at an animal shelter. Another found that setting up bicycle rides with other men after work changed his personal relationship with his wife because he loves riding and she didn’t. He didn’t have to not ride, he had to find riding partners.
What Makes You Come Alive?
The world seems to be at a standstill on new ideas. I believe every idea is fresh and unique because it has you in it. Yet many people don’t use their life to live it. They move through relationships, careers, their entire lives forgetting to be passionate about the one thing that sings to their heart. What I mean by this is we simply exist in the world waiting for whatever it is we’re to do.
What is it that makes you smile and come alive?
Instead, what if everyone you knew spent 15 minutes a day doing what makes him or her smile? What if you did the thing that brings you joy? That one thing that feels so perfect for 15 minutes each day. What would it be?
I am not talking about a bubble bath with candles and rose petals, it’s something that makes you come alive in an ah-ha state of awareness. It brings you that feeling everything is right. Often it has some level of service to others involved. For me, I get calls and comments from people telling me how my writing helps them. For the guy setting up the bike rides, he’s created a group of about 30 men who love to cycle and they appreciate that he makes it possible weekly.
Everything Is Right
Howard Thurman rather challenges us to bring it on; to come alive and do what sings to our internal sphere of self. As a health coach, my job is to listen and let you stretch yourself. I don’t tell you what will challenge you, you find what makes you come alive and then you do that – like Howard Thurman suggests.
When were happy if feels like everything is going right and we sit on top of the world. If we know what this emotion feels like then why do we let negative stressors take us out of this state of mind?
Some authors and researchers believe being in a happy mood all the time isn’t possible or healthy.
They reckon that it slows creativity. I beg to differ as I mentioned I feel everything is right when I am writing. My creative juices come alive and what I want to stay seems to flow easier for me than many others. It’s this way too when a client really wants my mentoring. I can feel it. I know by their questions and laugh or smile that we’ve touched that place in health coaching that resonates with them.
My Challenge To You
Do you want to make a simple change in your life? Something that makes you feel like the world belongs to you.
My challenge to you is simple; what makes you happy find that and do it for 15 minutes each day. I’m not talking careers as much as I’m speaking about life in general. For one client taking a walk with her dog, every day made everything right. Do this one thing for 21 days enjoy the sense of happiness? As Howard Thurman would say, That’s you coming alive.
There’re a million reasons’ to have someone help you with health and lifestyle but figuring out what type of mentor can be rough. Last fall, a new client asked me why she should invest money and time in coaching at all! It’s a great question. Knowing the key ingredients of a good health coach can help you decide if you want a life coach, business coach, or a health coach.
First, these are not the same thing and often a health coach does lifestyle coaching while a life coach is not qualified to mentor on health and wellness. Having three coaches can be expensive, though trying to find one person who ‘does it all’ can be disastrous to your business, life, and health. Below is a list of traits and guidelines you want in an integrative health coach.
The Integrative Health Coach
An integrative health coach is someone who works with your health issues and has expertise in relationships, fitness, careers, and the big one – Spirituality often referred to as mindfulness or mindset. Food, home cooking, recipes, different dietary theories all play a part. Top on the list of key ingredients of a good integrative health coach is they understand what is happening in your life is just as important what you put inside your body.
Next – The Key Ingredients Of A Good Health Coach
What your integrative health coach is like:
- Is Happy to see you! They create a strong first impression. They’re friendly, create safety, and make you feel okay to be yourself.
- They’re okay with you being a little nervous. They help you build confidence and self-esteem.
- They want to hear what you have to say and actually encourage you to speak while they listen.
- They understand your primary health concerns and that life can be a factor. They help you invest in wellness approaches that you choose, not the other way around.
- An integrative health coach can empathize and support your journey and progress.
- They understand that YOU understand what’s going on with yourself and you just need a little help, accountability, or support.
- They care about your family, friends, children, and pets. They really do and know the names and events happening in your life.
- As great listeners, they use mirroring by repeating things you share creating clarity around your future.
- They catch subtle things that are important. The way you turn a nasty shade of green when asked if you like tomatoes or that you ball your hand into a fist when talking about your ex-mother-in-law.
- A great integrative coach introduces humor into conversations knowing that smiles are healing medicine for the mind and the body,
- They love you up. Simply they are non-judgmental and accept you just as you are. Guiding and helping you where you feel comfortable not forcing you or judging you.
- Finally, they help you breathe because they know life can make you feel overwhelmed and that we often forget to just slow down and breathe.
Integrative Health Coaches Mesh With Business Coaches
A good integrative health coach will hold you accountable for your commitments and they will offer ideas or suggestions that fit you; they don’t spend time ‘telling’ you what you should do better or differently.
In turn, they aren’t a business coach. I remember one of my business coaches a few years back. He wanted me to write a book every 3 months starting with taking my bestselling book, Unleashing Your Hidden Potential and ‘rewriting’ it into a book for women and then another ‘copy’ for men. His thinking was it gave me three books to market and grow my business. It didn’t matter to him that they would be technically the same book. It did matter to me. I found another business coach.
Health coaches aren’t business coaches nevertheless they mesh helping you have true success. A good business coach will have the same key ingredients of a good health coach. Both understand that the important component is you. Your happiness is essential to success in health, life, and business. Business coaches come and go a fully integrative health coach works with life and health.
Migraine pain can stop you in your tracks. If you have had a headache you know how much it can drain you, steal away the moment and right out make your day suck. Having a migraine is like having twenty headaches all at once.
Migraine Pain Can Control Your Life
The pain is so intense you feel like someone is using a drill inside your head. It does not stop there for many. Your stomach feels like you have eaten bad or spoiled food.
Seeing straight is impossible. Your vision is blurred and bright halos sear into your eyes – it’s a migraine. Acupuncture aside, which is the single most powerful natural medicine for pain management and relief there are things you can do to help alleviate or stop a migraine right at home.
10 Migraine Triggers To Avoid
This is our “Dirty 10” Migraine Triggers to avoid from Denver Acupuncture Health.
- Avoid Emotional Stress – is one of the most common migraine triggers. Using mindfulness applications for smart phones and computers are abundant. Sit for 5 minutes, breathing or listening to soothing music, and good things happen. Experts say it can eliminate pain, reduce weight, and increase your longevity by 21%.
- Fatigue – Lack of sleep increases migraines by 30%.
- Allergy problems –All types of headaches. 
- Sinusitis – Like allergies head congestion adds to the problem.
- Eyestrain –Ophthalmologists report Computer Vision Syndrome causes causes this in 48.83% of patients with 45.68% experiencing some form of headache. 
- Poor Posture – 1 in 4 migraines I treat are from hunching over, sitting bent instead of straight and other position issues.
- TMJ – A study reported by Pubmed states that “53% of those with TMJMD-type pain had severe headache/migraines.” A Dental directory notes that few TMJ dentists consider a relationship when working with patients. This is alarming to say the least.
- Low Blood Sugar – Be sure to eat regularly! Migraine triggers like dieting or skipping meals start with light-headedness.
- Hormonal Imbalance – The American Heart Association  of all places, has a great article on the relationship between migraines, hormones, and stroke. In summary if you’re hormones are off and you suffer migraines this can lead to serious problems later. Hormonal migraines along with weight loss are two top client complaints.
- Constipation And Nutritional Deficiencies –If I combine all nine other triggers, they each have roots in poor eating habits and bowel problems. Sounds stupid, I get it. My migraines did not stop until I did – get it.
Emotional stress leads to eating on the run, overeating, or skipping meals. All of these often create unfortunate food choices. Lack of sleep leads to fatigue so does worry. I did both, do you? I did not want to face the facts that some food just does not like me and my gut did not care for those foods either!
I sit for long hours at the computer, taking breaks became essential so did sitting up and not sliding down in my chair. Remembering to eat or rather graze on healthy snacks it takes a few moments to plan in the morning; it is better than going for something like cookies, chips or other junk food. Dental work produced TMJ for me; jaw exercises along with a mouth guard worked. What was the cause of my migraines? Hormonal imbalance.
All these other problems with the exception of jaw pain can affect your hormonal levels. Hours staring at a computer that turns brain chemistry off and off at the wrong times leads to wacky estrogen and testosterone. Food, nutritional deficiencies like salt, yes salt can all stop you in your tracks with migraine pain. This is why virtual health coaching works I look at life and health as one complete you.
Migraine headaches are no laughing matter. They takeaway your life, I know as a past suffer. They are on the rise, affecting many Americans. Approximately 50% of patients at Denver Acupuncture Health seek relief. About 30% of our virtual health coaching clients report some form of head discomfort. If you suffer migraine pain, you are not alone.
Here are stats.
- Nearly 1 in 4 U.S. households includes someone with migraine.
- Amazingly, over 10% of the population – including children – suffers from migraine. That is more than diabetes and asthma combined!
- About 18% of American women and 6% of men suffer from migraine.
- Migraine is most common during the peak productive years, between the ages of 25 and 55.
- Migraine tends to run in families. If one parent suffers from migraine, there is a 40% chance a child will suffer. If both parents suffer, the chance rises to 90%.
Where To Start – Two Ways Virtual Health Coaching Can Help
Changing your diet and using the right natural supplements for you can end your pain. We can assist you with these, talk to us about our virtual health coaching.
The first step is to look at the triggers that may be part of the problem. Think of ways to reduce these and begin today. Next up we’ll talk about foods and nutritional supplements to stop or help with migraines. Spend time with a virtual coach for your migraines, and you will wonder why you waited so long!
The large extent of research makes it impossible to cite all studies here are a few others.
Migraines and TMJ – http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21837286 – http://www.dental–health.com/tmj_depression_treatment.html
Photos are purchased – copy-written: PresenterMedia